The GATE Online Applicant Interface will send a few mails to the applicants on important information related to the GATE examination. The login to this interface is through your chosen email address and a password. Keep this information safe and do not disclose the email id and password to anyone.
All users already registered should follow the instructions given below to ensure receipt of future emails. It is necessary that mails sent from this account are not marked as spam by your email service provider.
- Find out where SPAM (or Junk) messages are stored by your email client (eg, Gmail, Yahoo, Rediff, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.)
- Search for messages coming from GATE and find out the non-reply email id.
- Mark them as “Not Spam” or “Not Junk”.
- If possible, mark them as Important.
This will ensure that in future, mails from this account will be shown in your INBOX and will not go to the SPAM folder.
Here we provide links that show how to set it up for some common email clients:
- Gmail: Legitimate mail is marked as spam
- Gmail: Important and Priority Inbox
- Yahoo: Using SpamGuard
- Windows Live (Hotmail): Wait, that’s not junk
- Windows Live (Hotmail): Keep important email on top
For scanning the documents, please use the following setting:
- Resolution: 200 dpi
- Colour mode: 256 colors (all scanners support this, and gives the minimum size at a given resolution)
- File format: PDF or JPEG